We all experience stress in our lives: work stress, financial stress, relationship stress, school stress. This is actually quite normal. Managing stress can be difficult, but is not impossible. Learning to identify when you are stressed and learning relief techniques is the key to dealing with it positively.
Here are SIX stress relief techniques that we thought you might find useful:
1. Be Positive. Positivity is one of the most important tools in dealing with stress on a day-to-day basis. The key is focusing your mind on positive and optimistic parts of your life, with positive words and affirmations. This practice will improve your morale and confidence, and improve the overall state of mind.
2. Organize. Try to prioritize and organize things in your life. Make lists and be sure to stick with your regular routine. Do not leave things to the last minute, this will only cause unnecessary stress and frustration.
3. Communicate. Inform your friends and family about the stressors in your life. When you express your thoughts and emotions, you are helping to cope with the stress in a healthier way.
4. Learn to relax. There are so many things that you can do to relax and unwind when you are stressed like take a bath, listen to the music, dance, practice yoga, meditation or go out with your friends. Find what relaxes you and enjoy.
5. Exercise. 30 minutes of intense cardiovascular training will clear your mind. If aerobic training is not your cup of tea, a good stretch and lifting light weights will do the job as well. Physical activities will keep your body in tone and your mind fresh and stress free.
6. Chiropractic care. Chronic stress is PROVEN to manifest itself into disease and spinal problems called subluxations. Get your spine checked to make sure that your spine is healthy. If your spine has these misalignments, they can cause brain chemistry issues linked to stress due to improper nerve function. Overtime, these stresses can cause neck pain, headaches, and even lower back pain. A healthy and balanced spine is one key to effectively managing stress. Give us a call at (618) 236-3738.
Apply these techniques to life and it will help you live a happier stress free lifestyle.